With the growing maturity of fruit and vegetable powder processing technology, fruit and vegetable powder can not only be used as a substitute for fresh fruits and vegetables in special environments to ensure the nutritional needs of the human body, but also meet people’s daily life requirements for diversification and convenience of fruits and vegetables , so fruit and vegetable powder processing will develop rapidly. At present, the international advanced fruit and vegetable powder processing is developing in the direction of low temperature and ultra-fine grinding, and makes full use of the roots, stems, leaves, skins, cores, etc. of fruits and vegetables to achieve full utilization of fruits and vegetables and production without skin residue .
fruit and vegetable powder
Fruit and vegetable powder is a kind of processing of fresh fruits and vegetables through more than 10 processes such as pretreatment, quick-freezing, vacuum drying, and ultraviolet sterilization. Effectively retain all the nutrients of the fruit, which is 20 times higher than similar products, and maintain 100% of the natural taste of the fruit. Its nutritional value is very high, containing a variety of minerals, trace elements, dietary fiber. Moderate consumption of some can play a laxative, lower blood pressure, beauty and beauty effect. It has now become a healthy ingredient for the taste and flavor of food.
The main technology of fruit and vegetable powder – spray drying: It is mainly made of fruit juice, concentrated juice, and slurry through instantaneous high temperature spray drying. The production energy consumption is moderate and the production capacity is large. Spray-dried fruit and vegetable powder is currently a mainstream product and is more and more recognized by the market.
Around 2000, fruit powder began to gradually enter the food ingredient market, mainly used in convenience foods, and then gradually used in functional solid beverages, tablet candies and seasonings. By around 2010, functional solid beverages such as probiotic powder , Enzyme powder, protein powder, meal replacement powder, etc., most of them start to use fruit and vegetable powder for seasoning. The advantages are natural health, convenient application, reduced seasoning research and development time, and relatively stable product properties. The processed fruit and vegetable powder can be applied to almost all fields of food processing. Not only is there less nutritional loss, but it is also very helpful for improving the nutritional content of products and improving the color and flavor of food. Until today, fruit and vegetable powder has become an indispensable ingredient for natural seasoning, and it can be used in unlimited quantities without any safety risks. And gradually increase the demand for functional fruit and vegetable powder, such as: strawberry powder, apple powder, cranberry powder, blueberry powder, lemon powder, etc.
*Protein-based solid drink: used to enrich the taste of products, or correct the fishy smell of fish collagen. Commonly used flavors are: strawberry, banana, blueberry, sweet orange, etc.
* Sports solid drink/tea drink: used to increase the taste of the product, mask or correct the odor of vitamins or minerals, commonly used flavors are: grapefruit, orange, peach, etc.
* Meal replacement powder: including fruit meal replacement powder, cereal meal replacement powder, milkshake meal replacement powder and other categories, commonly used flavors are: banana, pineapple, kiwi, etc.
* Probiotic powder: used to adjust the taste of products, commonly used flavors are: apple, blueberry, pineapple, kiwi, cherry, cranberry, etc.
* Enzyme powder: Most of the sources of enzymes are fruits and vegetables, which are used to enrich the taste of products and increase the flavor characteristics of fruits. Commonly used flavors are: blueberry, pineapple, kiwi, dragon fruit, etc.
* Baby rice noodles/pasta, mainly with sweet taste, adjust the taste of rice noodles, commonly used flavors are: orange, apple, banana, blueberry, etc.
Snacks & Sweets
* Tablet candies: including chewable tablets, effervescent tablets, milk tablets, etc., to enhance the taste of juice, commonly used flavors are orange, lemon powder, peach powder, strawberry, mango, tropical fruits;
* Puffed food/baked products: including potato chips, popcorn, roll core crisp, used as flavor base for seasoning powder, common flavors are: mango, cucumber, lemon, blueberry, strawberry, pineapple, etc.;
* Chocolate food: sandwich biscuits, coated biscuits, chocolate coating raw materials, white chocolate, etc., add fruit and vegetable powder to increase color and taste, commonly used flavors are: strawberry, mango, blueberry, kiwi, lemon, etc.;
The antioxidant components in fruits and vegetables are mainly flavonoids (proanthocyanidins, quercetin, catechins) and water-soluble vitamins (VC). Many fruits and their extracts can be used as antioxidants in meat products. For example, cranberry fruit powder contains high concentrations of phenolic compounds, which have potential effects on inhibiting fat oxidation in turkey and ground pork.
- Derived from freshly picked fruit, finely ground
- The original taste of the ingredients is preserved, and the color and taste are mellow and natural
- Zero additives: no artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives
- Wide range of uses and good market prospects
- The powder is fine and uniform, easy to knead, and the color is clear and bright without smearing