A boiler water softener system is a raw water pretreatment device for boilers with a long scale, removing calcium and magnesium ions in raw water as well as elements that cause long scale in boilers.
Boiler equipment can be safe and economic operation, water quality treatment is very important. But sometimes there will be boiler softening water failure, what causes it? How to deal with it?
Boiler water softening failure phenomenon and treatment methods:
Water softening equipment water qualified, water softening tank water exceeds the standard
In the water softening equipment sampling port test is qualified, but the water hardness in the water softening tank exceeds the standard, indicating that the water softening equipment water effect is not stable, there has been excessive water injected into the water softening tank.
The reasons may be.
1. Regeneration cycle set too large (time type), or flowmeter failure caused by inaccurate measurement (flow type), so that the resin should have been regenerated when not regenerated in a timely manner, resulting in the injection of oversized water into the soft water tank. If the impeller is stuck by rust or the water quality is too dirty to make the impeller rotation is not smooth.
2. The positive washing time is short, so the waste brine should have been washed off in the positive washing was partially brought to the soft water tank.
3. The feed water pressure instability caused by too little salt tank replenishment, too little salt absorption, is not enough to wash, any of the above can cause the regeneration of the water hardness exceeds the standard, affecting the soft water tank water quality.
4. Salt tank in the salt is very little when not added in time, resulting in a regeneration effect that is not good.
In the use of water softening, equipment soft water hardness exceeds the standard
The main reasons are
1. The ratio of the feedwater TDS value and the height of the resin layer or resin exchange capacity is too large.
Compared with the initial trial of new resin, in the use of water softening equipment on the feed water TDS value requirements are more stringent, when the resin layer height of 1.5 meters, the total hardness of 10mmol / L, the feedwater TDS value ≥ 900mg / L, to ensure that soft water hardness ≤ 0.03mmol / L will be more difficult.
2. Resin poisoning loss of exchange capacity.
The high content of Fe3+ and Al3+ in the raw water makes resin poisoning (when the resin becomes dark red), which causes the resin exchange capacity to be reduced and the cycle water volume to be reduced. The cause of the soft water hardness exceeding the standard is a gradual process, not a sudden and obvious exceedance.
3. The resin regeneration is not good, resulting in a gradual reduction of the cycle of water production, and the water output is not qualified at the late stage of the set water production cycle.
4. A large amount of gas exists in the resin tank. The gas may come from carrying gas in the feed water, or the air backstop valve is not closed properly during the slow washing process.
5.No large grain non-iodized salt is used.
6. Backwashing is not complete, the exchange agent is contaminated by suspended matter, there is the phenomenon of clumping, resulting in a partial flow.
7. Control valve internal leakage hard: general control valve internal leakage hard, often appear soft water port and wastewater port at the same time out of the water.
These are some boiler softening water failure phenomena and treatment methods, if there are more insights and treatment methods, welcome to contact ROAGUA and leave a message and communicate with each other! The popularization of boiler softening water treatment, to ensure the safe and economic operation of boilers, improve boiler efficiency, extend the service life of boilers, saving energy is of great significance.